December 19, 2014 in Calendar
Creating interesting blacks and grays
- Orange/Blue combination
- Mix Burnt Sienna and French Ultramarine Blue. This is the fastest and easiest of the complementary combinations. Mixed with white it gives you a neutral gray, closest to white and Ivory Black mixture.
- Red/ Green combination
- Mix Thalo Green with Alizarine Crimson. Another mixture would be Cadmium Red Hue plus Permanent Rose with a color-wheel The first combination makes a gray with a lavender tint commonly used to paint metal like silver, and pearls.
- Yellow/Violet combination
- Mix Burnt Umber and Violet (which is a combination of French Ultramarine blue and Permanent Rose) Rarely makes a neutral If too warm, add a little French Ultramarine Bue.
- Other combinations
- Burnt Umber and French Ultramarine Blue
- Burnt Umber and Thalo Blue
September 6, 2014 in Calendar, Member News
Direction to Westgate gallery where we will have the Fall 2014 exhibit.
Our Fall Membership Exhibit will open on October 2, 2014 in Gallery Glendale at Westgate and continue until November 1st. Hours are Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 to 9 pm and Sunday from 1 until 4 pm. Artist will be on hand to discuss their art. Special private tours can be arranged for groups by calling 623-810-1492 and asking for Richard. Also visit us at PFAA-AZ.com and learn more about Peoria Fine Art Association.
February 20, 2012 in Calendar
Coming Attractions – Join us for a fun fill evening and learn new techniques from our demo artists!
Starting in the Fall of 2014
Sept 24,2014 Elaine Waters Values
Oct 22,2014 Andre Licardi Drawing
Nov 19 2014 Jane Breslin Creating Black
Dec 17, 2014 Party/Potluck Small item sale and $10 gift exchange
Jan 28,2015 Ruth Little Batik on paper with colored pencil and watercolor
Feb 25,2015 Marlene Bonneville Colored Pencil
Mar 25,2015 Elaine Blossom Nichols Oil